Links to media releases and statements by the Australian Government are available below:

Information on the National Redress Scheme can be found at the Department of Social Services website.

Where can I get support?

Royal Commission Community-Based Support Services can provide support for people who experienced institutional child sexual abuse ahead of the commencement of Redress Support Services.

A complete list of support services can be found on the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse website.

New Redress Support Services will be funded as part of the National Redress Scheme from 1 July 2018.

Additionally, 24 hour telephone assistance is available through:

  • Lifeline: 13 11 14
  • 1800 Respect: 1800 737 732
  • MensLine Australia: 1300 789 978.